What's Up with You? {Three Things Thursday}


New year. New me. New you. New goals. One major goal this year is to engage this wonderful blogging community better. What better way than to begin a new link up with some blog friends! Together, the three of us came up with Three Things Thursday. Just three things to talk or write about. Five seemed like too many and "one thing" was like we weren't even trying! So any three things that are on your mind. Any three pictures from Instagram. Three complaints about your day/week. Three of your favorite treats. Seriously. Any three things! So write it. Publish it. Yell it from the mountain tops! 
Just be sure you come back and link it up here!

For some extra fun follow us on Instagram for some three things posts! 
Use the #threethingsthursday, and let's start talking!

This week we have invited Megan from Shaping up to be a Mom to join us for Three Things Thursday. Everyone say hello to Megan and stop by her blog to see some great recipes, promotions, and weight loss tips. Thanks for joining us Megan! Find her on Instagram!


This week has been kind of a wash. I had the best of intentions of posting more than once. Then life and a Jane the Virgin marathon... Then I read this really excellent book... And you get the picture, but here are a few things that are happening around here this week.

1. No Rey...

I posted this picture back at the beginning of the month. As you can see, there is a wide arrange of force awakens characters... Including Vader... I mean, hello did this toy company even see the movie? Anyway, I posted it because I was so disappointed that Rey was missing. Rey. Who is like one of the main characters and also, I guess to her detriment when it comes to toys, a Girl! For the record she kicks a ton of ass in more ways than one. She is independent, smart, and SPOILER, a surprise Jedi. So where the heck is Rey? I would have bought this set that, even by Target standards, is not cheap. My girls were super excited until Caitlin said, "Where's Rey, Mom?". I myself was outraged and the husband got a little embarrassed when I began to rant and rave about equality and equal pay and seven cents on the dollar and all that jazz. I've read plenty of posts and tweets about missing Rey, but this post has been the best and most eye opening. Are we still really in a spot where toy makers believe that a boy will never play with a girl character? And vise versa? Read this excellent post and then stop yourself from burning your bra.


2. Dressing Room Selfies


Today I wanted to take a moment to show off how much fun I had mixing prints. Sure we were at Kohl's looking for dresses for these monkeys, but I was like, look at me. I'm mixing prints, my hair is dirty and my make up is smudged and I'm still rocking at life. Then the animals got restless and decided that I was just too self absorbed for my own good. Or maybe they are just posing like their mama. Either way we laughed so hard and so long about this! These kids kill me on the daily, but I'm so grateful for them!


3. National Handwriting Day


Most "National (something) Days I ignore. Never this one. I didn't have a chance all day Saturday, but finally late that night I grabbed one of my kid's notebooks and a highlighter. Then I just planned on writing the first line. Then the second came and then... I love to write, anytime and anywhere. National Handwriting Day just gave me a reason to share it on Instagram. I've got notebooks and napkins and even gift bags with little verses just like this. Sometimes I just can't help myself. 

What's going on with you people of blog land? Have three things on your mind that you would like to share? Link up with us. I'm hoping to get back into the routine of blogging next week, and hopefully do so more writing. Until then... I just started another fantastic book! Ugh. See you next week.